Hemp Oil Benefits:
* delicious nutty flavor
* rich source of Omega-3 and Vitamin E
* no hexane
Nutiva�s raw, unrefined, expeller cold-pressed Canadian hemp oil is light green, lighter in flavor, and has more GLA content compared to other hemp oils.
We press and bottle our hemp oil in small batches. The bottles are nitrogen flushed and we add an induction foil seal covering the bottle opening, which prevents oxygen from seeping into the oil. Note that other hemp firms cut corners and skip the induction seal. Our customers regularly tell us that Nutiva�s hemp oil tastes fresher and lighter than other hemp brands. Please try some and compare for yourself.
We store our hemp oil, seed, and protein powder in warehouses kept below 40 degrees. It is best to keep hemp oil refrigerated and to use it within 8-12 weeks of opening.
All of the above helps make Nutiva�s hemp oil the freshest on the market.
Ingredients: 100% raw organic hemp oil
Try these delicious recipes using Nutiva Hemp Oil!
Mama�s Best Waffles!
This is my updated waffle recipe, made better with Nutiva products � organic coconut flour and hemp oil. Yum!
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (can be substituted with traditional all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Preheat & lightly grease waffle iron.
- Blend 1 1/2 cups Nutiva Coconut Flour with 2 eggs, 3 Tbsp Nutiva Hemp Oil and 1 cup water.
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto preheated and lightly greased waffle iron.
- Cook waffles 3-4 minutes or follow waffle iron manufacturer's instructions.
- Drizzle waffle with syrup and strawberry preserves and enjoy!
- Yield: 3-4 Waffles (4 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Curried Cashew Quinoa Tabouli
A wild and wonderful version of the traditional Middle Eastern grain salad, with cashews, curry, carrots, and currants for a totally unique tabouli experience!
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Carrots (chopped, approx. 1 inch long and 1/8 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Dried Currants (can be substituted with chopped raisins)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- 1 cup Curried Cashews (if not available prepare your own by roasting raw cashews with curry powder and salt to taste)
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- Black Pepper (freshly ground; to taste)
- 3 cups Parsley (fresh; finely chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (small or 1/2 large; chopped)
- if not available prepare your own by roasting raw cashews with curry powder and salt to taste).
- Meanwhile, chop carrots into sticks, about one inch long, 1/8 inch wide.
- Toss into cooked quinoa along with currants or raisins and cover for about 10 minutes. (The hot quinoa and steam will soften the carrots and bring out some sweetness from the currants/raisins.)
- Use this time to finely chop the parsley and juice the lemons.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool enough so that it is not steaming (warm is okay).
- Drizzle in lemon juice and Nutiva hemp oil and toss in cashews.
- Add curry powder and black pepper and salt to taste.
- Lastly, add chopped parsley and red pepper and toss until everything is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
- Yield: 10 cups (10 Servings)
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins