Omega Nutrition's Certified Organic Coconut Oil is one of nature's most beneficial, nutritious and easily digestible culinary oils.
Coconut Oil is ideal to use as a cooking oil because it can take high heat without losing its healthy properties. Most importantly this non-hydrogenated naturally saturated oil does not contain trans-fatty acids.
Use 25% less fat when making your next pie crust! A mild, light, subtle flavor makes this an excellent butter substitute.
Coconut Oil is converted into energy rather than stored as fat. People who have trouble digesting fat find that Coconut Oil can be more easily digested than other oils.
Best of all, Omega Nutrition Certified Organic Coconut Oil is a significant plant source of lauric acid. Lauric acid helps support a healthy immune system.
Ingredients: Organic pure coconut oil.
Benefits of Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil:
- Coconut Oil is predominantly made up of medium-chain triglycerides. (MCTs)
- MCTs are converted into energy, and do not store as fat.
- MCTs enable the body to metabolize fat efficiently.
- Coconut Oil contains beneficial lauric acid.
- Coconut Oil is more heat stable than other plant based oils, and so does not create trans fatty acids when cooked at higher temperatures.
- Use for all higher heat applications, including stir frying - Maximum temperature of 375°F/190°C.
- Excellent for baking and can be substituted for butter in most recipes.
- Coconut Oil is naturally solid at room temperature, liquid at 78°F/25.5°C. Certified Organic.
- Does not require refrigeration.
- Will last up to two years.
Use 25% less fat when making your next pie crust! A mild, light, subtle flavor makes this an excellent butter substitute, and the best oil for frying.
* Try as a butter replacement, spread on toast or topped over rice.
* Use in blender drinks to add fuel and energy in the morning.
Try these great recipes using Omega Coconut Oil!
Berry ��Cream�� Pie Filling
Author: Omega Nutrition
- 1 cup (240 ml) Pear or Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Agar Flakes or Gelatin (slightly rounded)
- 1⅓ cups (320 ml) Ricotta Cheese
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Vanilla (Gluten Free)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Almond Extract (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Organic lemon Juice
- 1-2 tsp. (5-10 ml) Organic lemon Zest
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) Blueberries
- In a saucepan, mix together juice and agar flakes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the agar is dissolved.
- While the juice mixture is simmering, place ricotta cheese, honey, vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy (you may have to do in 2 batches).
- During the blending, pour in the dissolved agar mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into Mom��s Pie Crust Baked Pie Shell.
- Top with blueberries.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Blueberries can be substituted with other fruit in season: strawberries, peaches, cherries��
Szechuan Chicken Noodles
Author: Omega Nutrition
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 lb. (500 g) Spaghettini
- 8 cups (1920 ml) Broccoli florets
- 4 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 7 x ½ lb.(1 kg) Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Ginger, minced
- ½ cup (120 ml) Fresh Coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) Chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 Tbsp.(90 ml) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp.(90 ml) Soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp.(90 ml) Organic Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp.(30 ml) Granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp.(30 ml) Sesame Oil
- 3 tsp.(15 ml) Chili paste or hot pepper sauce
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles for 5 minutes.
- Add veggies; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Drain and leave in pot.
- Whisk together stock, vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar, sesame oil and chili paste.
- Slice chicken thinly. In large skillet stir-fry ginger and garlic, add chicken (fry 3-5 minutes) then stir in sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix with noodles; sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve as main course or omit the chicken and serve a side dish.